Thank you, A Word Edgewise, for hosting this week.
We have been announcing this for the past several days now: GatheringBooks is very excited to be celebrating its 10th year Blogiversary!
The whole month of July will be devoted to sharing our List of 10 for GatheringBooks’ 10 years in 2020 – #GB101020.
We would also be doing our best to tie our lists with some of the kidlitosphere memes we actively participate in. For today’s Poetry Friday, I am sharing my top ten favourite Mary Oliver poems featured here for Poetry Friday over the past years. Do click on the poetry image to be taken to my Poetry Friday post.
(01) Starlings in Winter from Owls and Other Fantasies (Amazon | Book Depository)
(02) Poem: Softest Of Mornings from Long Life: Essays and Other Writings (Amazon | Book Depository)
(03) At Blackwater Pond from Devotions (Amazon | Book Depository)
(04) When Death Comes from American Primitive (Amazon | Book Depository)
(05) Poppies from The American Primitive
(06) Everything That Was Broken from Felicity (Amazon | Book Depository)
(07) I Go Down To The Shore from A Thousand Mornings (Amazon | Book Depository)
(08) The Sun from Devotions
(09) Whispered Poem from Swan: Poems and Prose Poems (Amazon | Book Depository)
(10) Letter To – from Thirst (Amazon | Book Depository)
Oh, Myra….this is a post to savor. I’m keeping this one in my poetry file. Thank you. And, Many many congratulations on ten years of celebrating the best words!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Happy 10th-aversary! And thank you for this smorgasbord of Mary Oliver’s best(s)! I especially like ‘I Go Down to the Shore’. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congratulations! What a perfect way to celebrate — Mary Oliver X 10!!!
What a beautiful (in word and visuals) feast of Oliver poems. I’ve been savoring her Devotions recently. Thanks, Myra, and happy 10th!
Thank you for gathering these all together, where it is easy to return and read them again. It was wonderful to read them all today. Congratulations on 10 years!
Congratulations! So much wonderful content you’ve given us in those 10 years!! ♥️ “Softest of Mornings” reminded me of Molly’s incredible snail photos: https://nixthecomfortzone.com/2020/06/30/garden-lesson/
Congratulations, Myra! I love Mary Oliver’s poems, and this post really made my day!
Pingback: [My 2020 in Books] Favourite Books Read in 2020 – Gathering Books