Every Saturday we hope to share with you our thoughts on reading and books. We thought that it would be good practice to reflect on our reading lives and our thoughts about reading in general. While on occasion, we would feature a few books in keeping with this, there would be a few posts where we will just write about our thoughts on read-alouds, libraries, reading journals, upcoming literary conferences, books that we are excited about, and just book love miscellany in general.
Our quarterly reading theme from July – September 2020 will be slightly interrupted as we celebrate our tenth year blogiversary. Nevertheless, allow me to announce our new theme and my List of 10 through this post.
List Of Ten Comic Books I Wish To Read and Feature for July-September Reading Theme
(1) I know I am cheating, but think of this as the collected Saga Book 1 (Volumes 1-3) by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (Amazon | Book Depository)
(2) The Resident Tourist (Part 1) by Troy Chin,
(3) Elmer by Gerry Alanguilan (Amazon | Book Depository),
(4) Yes I’m Hot In This: The Hilarious Truth About Life In A Hijab by Huda Fahmy (Amazon | Book Depository),
(5) Aya De Yopougon by Marguerite Abouet and Clement Oubrerie (Amazon | Book Depository),
(6) Pretending Is Lying by Dominique Goblet (Amazon | Book Depository),
(7) Bloom by Kevin Panetta and Savanna Ganucheau (Amazon | Book Depository),
(8) The Prince And The Dressmaker by Jen Wang (Amazon | Book Depository),
(9) Supermutant Magic Academy by Jillian Tamaki (Amazon | Book Depository),
(10) Octavia E. Butler’s Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Damian Duffy and John Jennings (Amazon | Book Depository).