I was overseas in November for an official university trip and for a conference. Since I was staying mostly in the East Coast, I’ve had the privilege of once again going to New York to see friends and visit not just one – but two – bookstores. While I was away, there were also several books that arrived in my doorstep, so this is quite the haul from your intrepid bookhunter – braving the cold in New York to go bookhunting, my favorite sport (the only sport that matters, in this bibliophile’s honest opinion, lols).
Books That Arrived In My Doorstep
(01) Ida B. Wells, Voice Of Truth by Michelle Duster and Laura Freeman (Amazon | Book Depository)
(02) Berry Song by Michaela Goade (Amazon | Book Depository)
(03) Loujain Dreams Of Sunflowers by Lina AlHathloul and Uma Mishra-Newbery and Rebecca Green (Amazon | Book Depository)
(04) Emile And The Field by Kevin Young and Chioma Ebinama (Amazon | Book Depository)
(05) Getting Lost by Annie Ernaux and translated by Alison L. Strayer (Amazon | Book Depository)
(06) Selected Poems by Adonis and Translated by Khaled Mattawa (Amazon | Book Depository)
(07) Paradise Sands by Levi Pinfold (Amazon | Book Depository)
(08) One And Everything by Sam Winston (Amazon | Book Depository)
(09) The Real Dada Mother Goose by Jon Scieszka and Julia Rothman (Amazon | Book Depository)
Book Haul From Strand, New York
While my book haul is only from Strand, I also managed to visit Books of Wonder, a truly lovely space filled with fantastic titles. However, I was worried about the weight limit of my luggage, so I restrained myself from purchasing any more titles.
(10) Chronicles From The Land Of The Happiest People On Earth by Wole Soyinka (Amazon | Book Depository)
(11) The Years by Annie Ernaux (Amazon | Book Depository)
(12) Living In Hope And History by Nadine Gordimer (Amazon | Book Depository)
Book Gifts and Review Copy
When we visited Boston College, we had the opportunity to meet the author of these two fantastic books, Professor Dennis Shirley. What a delight to have received these as gifts. 🙂
(13) Five Paths Of Student Engagement by Dennis Shirley and Andy Hargreaves (Amazon | Book Depository)
(14) Well-Being In Schools by Andy Hargreaves and Dennis Shirley (Amazon | Book Depository)
I was deeply thrilled to have caught up with New York Times Bestselling Author, Peter Lerangis and his lovely wife while in New York. Apart from treating us to a wonderful Italian lunch, I also got this bestselling book as a gift. Cannot wait to read it!
The other title is a review copy sent by Amazon, and it looks like another riveting fantasy read, too.
(15) Throwback by Peter Lerangis (Amazon | Book Depository)
(16) Batu And The Search For The Golden Cup by Zira Nauryzbai and Lilya Kalaus translated by Shelley Fairweather-Vega (Amazon | Book Depository)
Book Find from Barnes and Noble UConn University Town
I initially saw that the final book in the Beartown trilogy was released while we were in Pennsylvania. When we went to University of Connecticut and had a chance to go to their Barnes and Noble, I simply could not help myself. I did not care that it was such a chunkster, I knew I had to have it.
(17) The Winners by Fredrik Backman (Amazon | Book Depository)
No recent book hunting journeys but it was fun reading yours. In particular, the Ida B Wells (that woman needs a movie!) and Getting Lost (I’ll have to look that one up) caught my eye. Recent book posts on both my blogs (if interested) below:
https://wadadlipen.wordpress.com/2022/12/05/tis-the-season-for-giving-kristine-simelda (this one is a re-share of another’s post)
https://jhohadli.wordpress.com/2022/12/11/whatimreading-2 (this one is a little something from one of the books I’m currently reading – a moment in history and art and culture that sat with me on the bus ride home)