We are delighted to join the Nonfiction Picture Book meme 2020 hosted by Alyson Beecher @ Kid Lit Frenzy. We would also be linking our nonfiction choices with our reading themes throughout the year, when we can.
The whole month of July will be devoted to sharing our List of 10 for GatheringBooks’ 10 years in 2020 – #GB101020.
For this week, I will be featuring my list of 10 Nonfiction Wednesday posts over the past several years. Based on our archives (assuming that our tags/categorizations are correct), we have joined the Nonfiction Wednesday community in 2014. I will be sharing my list of 10 favourites, in no particular order. Click on the title or the image below to be taken to our review of the books.
(1) Meet the Tree Hunter and Mother of Balboa Park #nfpb2014 – 30 April 2014
Meltem’s Journey: A Refugee Diary by Anthony Robinson and June Allan (Amazon)
Grandfather’s Story Cloth by Linda Gerdner and Sarah Langford and Stuart Loughridge (Book Depository)
Stitching Stories: The Art Of Embroidery in Gujarat by Nina Sabnani and the artists of Kala Raksha
(03) Alphabet Books with Pizzazz Published in 2014 – Oliver Jeffers, Maira Kalman, Vladimir Radunsky, Chris Raschka, and Manuel Sumberac – 04 March 2015
(04) Drum Beat Rhythm of Dreams in Margarita Engle’s Drum Dream Girl – 06 May 2015
(05) Zeina Abirached’s “I Remember Beirut” – 07 October 2015
(06) A Jane Goodall Extravaganza: From Award-Winning Picturebooks to a National Geographic Book to a Graphic Novel Format – 09 March 2016
(07) The Skin and Bones of Race and all its Meanings in Julius Lester’s “Let’s Talk About Race” and Ta-Nehisi Coates’ “Between The World and Me” – 08 June 2016
(08) Radical Women Authors: Jane Austen and Virginia Woolf as depicted by Zena Alkayat and Nina Cosford – 19 October 2016
(09) What it Means To Have A Woven Life in “Cloth Lullaby” – 15 February 2017
(10) Mohieddin Ellabbad’s “The Illustrator’s Notebook”
The Illustrator’s Notebook by Mohieddin Ellabbad.