[Poetry Friday] Cat Blessing

Fats here.

pf0318c

Still from the same poetry collection, What the Heart Knows: Chants, Charms, and Blessings written by Joyce Sidman and illustrated by Pamela Zagarenski, I have another marvelous poem that I hope would speak to your heart. Oh, I also included a picture of one of our indoor cats, Penny, because this poem has something to do with cats.

Poetry Friday round-up is hosted this week by Amy from The Poem Farm.

pf0401b

pf0401a

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Have a wonderful weekend!

1. Blessing on–and blessing of!–the Curl of the Cat. That’s what this poem has been for me today–a blessing. Thank you for choosing to share it! Whether I “purr or leap” on this PF, I’ll be thinking of you and two-toned Penny–purr or leap; I’ll need to self-monitor opportunities responded to this day. God bless you!

2. Hi, Fats. Oh — this poem is speaking to me today. Cats are so easy in their own skin and in how they walk through the world.

Liked by 1 person

3. So lovely. I’m really taken by the title of your post–Cat Blessing. Maybe I will write one.

4. amyludwigvanderwater April 1, 2016 at 11:28 pm

I love this book so much. And cats too! Thank you for sharing a bit of Joyce’s magic with us today. Kitties everywhere are proud. Happy Poetry Friday! xo

5. Oh to be as sublimely self-confident as a cat in his favorite spot, surveying his domain, then doing a few back licks.

6. Thank you for this today. It has set my mind to working on something.

7. Wishing you the blessing of that curled cat.

8. The “curl of cat” truly is a blessing. As is Joyce Sidman.

9. Coincidentally, my students shared poems from my collection of Joyce Sidman books for Poetry Friday yesterday! No one chose from this book, so I’m glad YOU did!

10. Such simplicity of words. I am tickled by that ‘hint of ear’. And that certainty of worth.

11. […] Friday Fats at Gathering Books shared the poem, “Blessing on the Curl of Cat,” from Joyce Sidman’s lovely book […]