Welcome GatheringReaders! Since most are unable to physically meet today for our face-to-face discussion, I thought it would be good to revert to our usual online discussion about our Book of the Month this March: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
I only have a few questions here for you. Please feel free to just jump in and share your thoughts if you have read, or are currently reading the book, regardless of whether you’re in GatheringReaders or not. Do write your responses in the Comments Section.
1. Watch the official movie trailer of Miss Peregrine which will be shown in September this year (shown above). What are some of your fears and excitement about the movie adaptation of this novel?
2. How did you find the creepy photos in the novel? How did the pictures enhance/detract from your reading of the book?
3. Compare the first half of the novel to the latter part – how did you find the pacing of the story? Which part made you more invested in the story?
4. Were you expecting the twist in the end? What did you think about the time loop?
5. Talk about the peculiar children. Which ones were your favourite? If you were given a choice, what kind of “peculiarity” would you choose to have?