Last week, Myra nominated me and Iphigene for this feature. I completely forgot about it until I went over our previous posts yesterday. Tsk! Anyway, this is a blogging game called Sharing the Sunshine Blogger, and this is how the game goes:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger. Share 11 random facts about yourself. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
11 Facts You Might Not Know About Me
- I studied English Literature for one year and it wasn’t until the first half of the year was over that I realized it was not for me. (Quite ironic, don’t you think?)
- I did not know how to drive until I was twenty-two years old, several months after I migrated to the United States.
- I love potatoes.
- I was a contributor for my high school paper for four years and was elected as managing editor during my senior year.
- I did not celebrate my 18th birthday with a debut party. And it was okay.
- I still have The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes that my first boyfriend gave me.
- I’m twenty-eight years smoke-free.
- My favorite Disney movie is Aladdin.
- A sheep always makes me giddy.
- I play a death knight in World of Warcraft, a monk in Final Fantasy XIV, a demon hunter in Diablo 3, and a mystic in TERA.
- I do not dip my Oreos in milk.
Responses to Myra’s Questions
- Favorite breakfast? Oh my. I don’t have a single favorite. I like breakfast burrito, French toast with sausage and hash browns, eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce, bacon and cheese soufflé, and spinach and artichoke quiche if that counts as a breakfast item. (I’m so hungry right now! Haha.)
- Write the very first sentence in the book you are currently reading. “I’m wondering what if.” (Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner)
- The mountain or the beach? A mountain is a gigantic thing of beauty. I may not be the most athletic or fit person but I sure would enjoy a mountain hike.
- If you were to be a rock star for a day, who would you be? I’d like to be either Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers or Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters for a day.
- Best friend or lover? This is a tough one. My best friend and my lover are both wonderful people. Then again, you can never go wrong with a best friend’s love. (Don’t show this to my lover! Haha.)
- When did poetry find you and what does it mean to you? I was in first year high school when Neruda’s Tonight I Can Write the Saddest Lines haunted me (in a beautiful way). Poetry is an extension of oneself.
- When did your passion for children’s literature begin? Who do you identify as the culprit in your love affair with this genre? Goosebumps made up a big chunk of my childhood. I read the books and watched the TV series. R.L. Stine was my god in middle school.
- Your ONE LITTLE WORD (OLW) for 2014? Believe.
- What is your dark side? Nasty temper is nasty. As the saying goes, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” Also, if there were such a thing as a Death Note, I would not hesitate to write down names of people I want in that list. If you do not know what a Death Note is, click here.
- Christmas or Halloween? Christmas. I love Halloween but Christmas brings back so many happy memories with my family when I was growing up in the Philippines. There’s nothing like the Christmas spirit in my country.
- Complete the sentence, “They paved paradise and put up a…” …sign that says, ‘all pets allowed.’