Alright, gather round, boys and girls. I know this post is much delayed. Thank you dear GatheringReaders for your patience. As you all know, today is Father’s Day and so we spent the whole day out in celebration.
Here are some questions I would like you all to think about. And do share your responses in the Comments Section. There are no right or wrong answers. Just a sharing of thoughts and insights. For our other friends and visitors here, please feel free to join in our discussion as well.
- What were some of the thoughts that came to your mind when you heard about the title of our book this month?
- How did Anya change as a person throughout the book? Did the character of the ghost (Emily Reilly) change as well in the book? If so, how?
- What were some of the perks (advantages) of having a ghost for a friend as seen in the novel? How about some of the not-so-good effects of having a ghost-friend?
- What did you think about Anya’s friend Siobhan?
- Why was Anya trying to avoid Dima? Do you think you would do the same thing, if it were you?
- Anya feels a bit different as a Russian American, do you know anyone who may be going through the same thing as Anya? How is he/she different from Anya?
- How was Anya transformed by the entire experience of having tripped down a well?