Inspired by Mrs B of The Literary Stew and Honey from Coffee Spoons NYRB Reading Week, we at GatheringBooks would like to invite other bookbloggers to leave links to their book reviews that deal with scary stories and creepy narratives for the last few weeks of November in keeping with our Haunting Tales Special this November. Here are some of the guidelines:
- It could be something that you have blogged about previously – it really doesn’t matter when.
- The book review does not necessarily have to be children’s literature or young adult fiction. Books for grown-ups (adult fiction) are most welcome too.
- The book needs to be ghostly, creepy, scary, grisly, gruesome, weird-supernatural – a haunting tale to be exact.
- You don’t necessarily have to have a website – leave a link if you’re part of book networking websites such as Goodreads, Shelfari and the like.
- Leave your link as a comment in this post and by November 30-December 1 we shall do a summative post with links to your book reviews.
This is done in the spirit of connecting with more like-minded individuals who share the same passion for the written word. Unfortunately, we do not have any sponsors as yet, so we can not offer freebies at this point. BUT, the network itself would prove to be really lovely (I hope that would prove to be enticing enough hahahaha).
Happy Haunting Everyone!
Hi, Gathering Books! So sorry to have only posted now. Anyway, here’s my contribution to your Haunting Tales Special. It’s an old review of Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin: http://fantaghiro23.blogspot.com/2010/01/fevre-dream-by-george-rr-martin.html
I’m actually hoping to finish a scary book before November ends, so hopefully I can write a new review for this event.
I’ll check your review soon. I’m quite familiar with george r.r. martin but i had an impression he was a fantasy writer.
We’re in the same boat…hoping to finish a few other scary books before November ends, but time flies these days.
I think we’re opening our monthly GB special to everyone to join. Hope you can join us on our other months. 🙂