This is long overdue. I’ve promised my fellow GB team members that I was going to brag about my recent (and continuous) book shopping. It’s shameful really how much books I’ve bought in a span of a month. I won’t get into the details where I bought them as I shop in different places. I tried to get them in a whole shot (see below), it was tricky and quite impossible.
So I thought I should get closer shots. This doesn’t do them justice either.
As a last resort, let me list the most recent purchases. Those that have been struck through are those I’ve read already.
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Pilgrim from Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard
- The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
- The Big over Easy by Jasper Fforde
- The Kitchen God’s Wife by Amy Tan
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
- Sing Down the Moon by Scott O’Dell
- Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
- Wolf Totem by Jang Rong
- The Ear, The Eye and the Arm by Nancy Farmer
- Looking for Anne of Green Gables (The life of LM Montgomery)
- The Name of this Book is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch
- The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
- The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman
- Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman
- Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami
- The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo By Steig Larsson
- Goodbye Tsugumi by Banana Yoshimoto
- The Essential Rumi
- Paradise by Koji Suzuki
This list does not include the other books still hanging out on my shelf unread. Most of them book 2s of a series or non-fictions. I have pending reviews on the books I’ve read so far, while I’ll be writing the reviews of those that are on the list (if I ever get to them). I’m currently reading The Big Over Easy. I’m almost done and I hope to write a decent review for it soon.
I’m also eyeing a few other books. Do expect that I’ll be shopping for more in the next few weeks as my online book sellers are revealing their new stock this September.
Some of the books I hope to get myself a copy of are Olive’s Ocean by Kevin Henkes, Eggs by Jerry Spinelli, Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, Steig Larsson’s The Girl who Played with Fire and The girl who kicked the hornet’s nest, David Mitchell’s Cloud Atlas and One Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet.
I take comfort that many book lovers are like me—-unable to get enough of books. Do you have the same love for books? What’s your recent book purchase? What are you currently reading?