A warm hello to everyone! Welcome to the 2nd Virtual Discussion of Gathering Readers. Today we talk about Neil Gaiman’s The Graveyard Book. I would also like to give a special shout-out to our new Book Club Participants from the Yuvabharati International School. Welcome! We’re very happy that you could join us.
Here are a few discussion questions that I am hoping you’d answer in the Comments Section of this post. Again, no pressure with this, children. I’d understand if you feel *extremely shy* about putting your responses out here. Do know that this is not a quiz, just a lovely sharing of thoughts and ideas. I’d love to hear what you think about the book.
I am also inviting our other readers to chime in with their own thoughts in the event that you’ve already read the book or are planning to read the book.
- Which chapter are you in now? How are you finding the book so far?
- What did you think about the book’s title: “The Graveyard Book?” What are some of the images that popped into your head?
- Who are some of your favorite characters so far?
- What did you think about Silas and Miss Lupescu?
- Nobody is raised in a peculiar environment. What do you think are some of the advantages and disadvantages of growing up in such strange circumstances and environment?
That’s it! Easy-peasy right? Looking forward to reading your responses and meeting you all in two weeks’ time.